Microblading, Just go for it!
Have you been considering microblading? Weighing the pros and cons and deciding whether to go for it? I’ve been there! I’ve done that! I’ve sat on that fence but in the end, I decided to give microblading a try… and I love it!
After being in the beauty industry for so many years, I have done up, touched up, brawn on, plucked off and evened out thousands of brows. I know the power a good brow has. I also know that as a mom, we don’t have a lot of spare time to make sure our brows always look on point. Microblading has solved that problem for me and so much more.
If you are still unsure of whether you should jump in or not, maybe I can help. Here is my list of top ten reasons you should give up the struggle and give microblading a try.
- Did you over pluck your eyebrows in the 90’s and now you’re stuck looking like one of those hairless cats? Does this sound like you? I thought so. I was there once. Don’t worry microblading will fix this. It will take your brows from thin and over plucked to beautiful and fluffy in one session. That’s right, I said ONE session!
- Microblading is semi-permanent so you don’t have to commit to them forever. I like that my microbladed brows will fade over time and I will be able to change them up as my face changes due to age.
- Are you afraid of looking odd or having unnatural brows? The big thing here is to go to a reputable place with glowing reviews. You get what you pay for and if you pay for amazing work, you get amazing brows. The result is completely natural. Unlike old school tattooed on brows, microblading looks so natural that it’s pretty much impossible for anyone else to know your little secret.
- It will save you time! On average, it will save me 10 minutes a day in trying to get my eyebrows symmetrical and filled in. That 10 minutes a day can equate to 60 hours in a year. That’s 2 ½ days more YOU time every year.
- It saves you money! The initial cost of microblading is anywhere from $450 – $750. Divide that over 3 years and that an average $220 a year. I used to spend $40 a month buying new eyebrow pencils which totalled a whopping $480 a year.
- Your brows are sweat proof! You can go to the gym and not worry about your brows sweating off. Putting miles in a run, doing a Lotus Pose or punching away through a boxing set… your brows will still look amazing.
- You can scratch your brows and not worry about them getting rubbed off. Never meet the embarrassing fate of a smudged brow again! Scratch your itches and be worry free.
- You can go for a swim and come out of the water looking like a goddess. No need to pencil in your brows after taking a dip or doing some lengths.
poolside with my brows
- You can go to the hairdresser and not panic about your drawn-on brows coming off in the wash. This has happened and trust me when I say it is mortifying! Stop the embarrassment before it happens. Try microblading and your brows will look as good as your salon fresh hair.
- There are no touch ups required! I can leave my house at 8am and rest assured that when I come back home in the evening my brows will still be intact.
To be completely honest with you, I didn’t realise what an impact my brows had on my overall appearance until I had them microbladed. to read about my Microblading experience and what the appointment entailed here is a link to a post I wrote about that: My Microblading Story . Now people keep telling me I look so much younger and fresher. I also had no idea how much time and energy I spent on my brows until I didn’t have to worry about them anymore.
I really can’t stress enough how much I really loveeee my brows. Of course, I regret over plucking them in my teens but now microblading provided the perfect solution.
And if you’re wondering who did this magic for me I chose Yael to be my Microblader she’s amazing and is located in Toronto. Here is a link to her website: http://www.beautybyyael.com
I hope you found this helpful and that it brings you one step closer to making your decision.